Holy moly — It’s Friday! I loved this warp-speed week. I’m almost done with my 23 briefings and the product launch week is almost here! Yay PR!
This weekend marks the official start to my holiday season: Dave’s company holiday party. I’m looking forward this fiesta and the rest of joyous celebrations this month. Can you believe it’s December tomorrow? Holy cow!
Another month means another set of goals and a recap of how I did this month:
- 10 unbroken double-unders – ugh while I’ve totally improved on the DUs I was have only hit 5 unbroken. I’ll take it. Baby steps.
5 kipping pull-ups– Done. My hands are destroyed as a result, but consider this check off. Film cooking video with my Rebelles– Filming tonight. Posting tomorrow. Filming counts right? 10 push-ups– Done.
- Finish reading “The Happiness Project“ – Nope. As mentioned before, I think book helps me fall asleep. I’m not even half-way through…
Post 3 vlogs– I’m going to count the gym videos – that’s fair right?
So what’s my grade? I’d give myself a solid B. Much better than October goals, but still not 100% on the goals effort…
Here’s what I’m targeting for December:
- 10 unbroken double-unders (IT HAS TO BE DONE)
- 115lb squat clean (Because I’m still frustrated about missing that last attempt)
- Go for a hike
- Try aerial yoga (Does this count if I’m already scheduled to go 😉 ?)
- 5 unassisted rings dips
I know those seem like sand-bagged goals, but I’m keeping it light and realistic this month – I obviously have a lot other important things going on this month. 🙂
Before I jump into my CrossFitter’s wishlist, let me recap yesterday’s WOD:
- Warm-Up: EMOM for 10 mins
- Hang power snatch
- Hang squat snatch
- Full squat snatch
- Everyone warmed up with a naked bar, then started loading on the wait. I cruised at 55 lbs for the first half then went with 65 lbs the remaining time.
- In 10 minutes
- 1 snatch @65#
- Run 200 m
- 2 snatch
- Run 200 m
- 3 snatch
- Run 200m
- You get the picture?
I don’t think I mentioned this before, but I tweaked my right hip flexor during L-sits last Tuesday. Yes, I was getting lazy and my form suffered as a result. For yesterday’s WOD I took it easy and hit 5.5 rounds. Not bad, but I should aim for 7-8 rounds when I’m feeling better…
Coincidentally, we taught the snatch yesterday to a couple new on-rampers. I love instructing the snatch. It’s such a powerful movement that can really showcase an athlete’s coordination and explosiveness. Many CrossFitters (including me) find this lift to be incredibly humbling – just like a golf swing, it’s constantly being perfected. I’m currently working my speed under the bar and focusing on my jumping position. It’s one of those movements that is always being tweaked.
OK, now on the to the good stuff. What’s on my wishlist? I’ll admit I’m probably the worst person to shop for because if I need it or want it, I’ll just buy it myself. No patience, remember? But, alas, there are a few things I’m asking Santa for this year:
- Reebok CrossFit Annie Repeat Tee – I saw Iceland Annie post a picture of this shirt a month back and I’ve been envying it ever since.
- Reebok CrossFit Tri Blend Long Sleeve Top – Every athlete needs a long sleeve shirt during the winter.
- North Face Vest – us Californians are wimps when it comes to the cold and sometimes all I want to do is toss on a vest before heading outside
- Garmin Forerunner 10 Watch – in pink, obviously. I’m looking to complete my first triathlon in 2013 and watch better way to train than with this nifty accessory?
- Isopure Zero Carb Protein – Dave is probably shaking his head at this one and to be honest, I feel like a real meat-head for including protein on my list, but I’ve heard really good things about this company and I want to try it out! 🙂 (note, the punch flavor is supposed to be delish)
- Rehband 7751 W Knee Sleeves – I’m a women with bad knees, need I say more? Plus these are great for keeping your knees warm during lifts.
- Weighted vest – I’ve been eyeing one of these for awhile. Dave and I like to go hiking (when we have time) and I’ve always wanted to “take my hiking to the next level” LOL – ok not really, but it would provide a more challenging experience. Any recommendations on brands?
- All things Lululemon – This needs no explanation, I’m an addict. Seriously, I almost refuse to purchase anything else. It’s just that damn comfortable!
So what do you think? As Dave says: “I’ve created a monster.” Yes you have, sir. My college self would have looked at this list and laughed out loud. Where’s the designer sunglasses?! Ugh, okay maybe I should sneak those in there somewhere. 😉
What’s on your wishlist this year?