Instead of updating with a play-by-play of my weekends, I’ve decided to switch things up and give my “weekend top ten”. Think Dave Letterman, without the drumroll and less organized. For now, it will be a collection of random thoughts from the weekend and trust me, I have a ton of random thoughts–sometimes even delivered via word vomit.
Here’s hoping these posts become more sophisticated as the weeks roll on:
- Every weekend should start with a brunch.
- My mom makes the best quiche in the world.
- Do not try to open a champagne bottle with a paper napkin. The cork with shoot through (and hopefully miss your eye).
- Hair appointments can make or break my weekend.
- I’m the only girl over the age of eight that still picks the Barbie pink polish for a pedicure. Every time.
- I’ve only read a fourth of It Starts With Food and I already have a feel it’s going to change my life.
- I could watch the Olympics 24/7 and I think we should get a public holiday during the games.
- Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor are simply incredible (and I’m so proud to be a Mitty alumni).
- How is skeet shooting considered an Olympic sport and softball isn’t??
- Today (July 29th) is my Nana’s “Eighty-Wonderful” birthday. She is a sibling of eight, mother of five, Nana to countless grand-babies and creator of my name “Belle” — (comes with having a French grandparent). (Yes, that’s me at 13, mini eyebrows and all–what you can’t tell from this picture is that she’s squeezing the hell out of me and that’s how every hug is with her.) Love you, Nana!