- The Lion King is quite possibly the best movie of all time and I still remember all of the words.
- “Whole Paycheck” took on a whole new meaning after three trips to Whole Foods in two days.
- Cold soup isn’t my most favorite dish, but after whipping up some chilled cream of avocado soup with crab I may have a change in heart.
- Spontaneous WODs that I make up on the spot seem to really kick my ass: 4 rounds of run 400m, 10 DB shoulder press, 15 DB front squat, 20 sit-ups, 25 push-ups.
- My parents’ backyard is the garden of Eden and I pray that someday I have as green of a thumb as my mother’s.
- I’ve come to terms with how much of a tomboy I was growing up and I’m pretty sure all that dirt somehow translated to my freckles.
- Ten more days of the Whole30 and I feel like I can go another 365 days.
- Cleaning my home can feel like therapy.
- I have the greatest, craziest group of girlfriends in the whole world and I would never trade them in.
- It’s a sign of a successful weekend when Rosie looks like this:
Instead of updating with a play-by-play of my weekends, I’ve decided to switch things up and give my “weekend top ten”. Think Dave Letterman, without the drumroll and less organized. For now, it will be a collection of random thoughts from the weekend and trust me, I have a ton of random thoughts–sometimes even delivered via word vomit.
Here’s hoping these posts become more sophisticated as the weeks roll on:
- Every weekend should start with a brunch.
- My mom makes the best quiche in the world.
- Do not try to open a champagne bottle with a paper napkin. The cork with shoot through (and hopefully miss your eye).
- Hair appointments can make or break my weekend.
- I’m the only girl over the age of eight that still picks the Barbie pink polish for a pedicure. Every time.
- I’ve only read a fourth of It Starts With Food and I already have a feel it’s going to change my life.
- I could watch the Olympics 24/7 and I think we should get a public holiday during the games.
- Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor are simply incredible (and I’m so proud to be a Mitty alumni).
- How is skeet shooting considered an Olympic sport and softball isn’t??
- Today (July 29th) is my Nana’s “Eighty-Wonderful” birthday. She is a sibling of eight, mother of five, Nana to countless grand-babies and creator of my name “Belle” — (comes with having a French grandparent). (Yes, that’s me at 13, mini eyebrows and all–what you can’t tell from this picture is that she’s squeezing the hell out of me and that’s how every hug is with her.) Love you, Nana!