I’ve been waiting to write this blog post for 30 days. Holy cow, what an experience! Before I show you the before and after pictures I need outline for you what a difference one month has done for me:
- My energy level is nearly indescribable, I feel like I can take on an triathlon at a moment’s notice
- I’ve hit countless PRs and I finally feel like my body is working with me, not against me
- I don’t feel like I’m going to die after an intense WOD–I used to race to water and suck wind like it was my job
- Body weight movements have never been easier and my mobility is on another level
- I haven’t had a hint of a headache
- I had zero PMS issues (sorry, guys)
- My eye sight improved and I rarely have to wear my glasses at work
- My thought process is “crisper” (if that makes sense)–I don’t feel as forgetful
- Muscle soreness was at a minimum, where as a month ago a hard workout would put me out 1-2 days
- My skin is clearer
- I’m a happier person
The last bullet is everything to me. I’m so much happier and it’s not just because my clothes are looser or that I feel better in a bikini. I chemically feel happier.
Okay, I know you are eager to see the results….Drum roll, please:
Okay, my heart’s pounding after uploading these. So nerve-wracking! Anyways, when it was all said and done I’ve lost just over 10 pounds. Cray.
Here’s the point that I’m finally getting at: food should make you healthy. The Whole30 has totally transformed my relationship with food. Yes, I said “relationship” because before the program, food to me was a stress-release, it made me happy, but it would also make me cry–just like a terrible boyfriend. I no longer look at food as a way to past time, but rather, I view food as a way of nourishing my body and helping me achieve my personal and physical goals. And it finally clicked for me. There’s no more guessing games about what I need to do to see results and live a healthier life–this is it.
What a relief! I’m sure you’re guessing what’s next for me, and quite honestly, I don’t know exactly. I have a semi-game plan in my head, but I’m just going to take it a day at a time and just enjoy life the best way I know how. Sappy, I know; however, this isn’t fake, this isn’t a dream, it’s my new reality and I can’t imagine in any other way.
I also have to share with you my little calendar buddy that kept me motivated throughout the month of August:
Okay, enough with the real talk–here’s the WOD from today:
- 3 deadlifts (I hit 135lbs)
- 6 box jump overs
- 9 pistols
- AMRAP for 3 mins
- Rest 1 min
- 5 rounds
I think I was so jacked up on energy after taking my “after” pictures that I felt like the incredible hulk throughout this entire WOD. My pistols are still a major work-in-progress, but they started to feel more rhythmic after the second round. As I mentioned before, my deadlift form is slowly developing, but I was shocked that I was able to move this load comfortably for five rounds. Overall, loved this workout and right now I feel like I can run through a brick wall. LOL.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! I’ll be a judge at the Moxie Madness Throwdown Saturday and Sunday–it’s should be a fun time!!